Limboy
Make Something Wonderful

A curated collection of Steve’s speeches, interviews and correspondence, Make Something Wonderful of...

这是 Jony IveLoveFrom 团队出品的一本关于乔布斯的书,书中几乎全部引用乔布斯自己的话,没有解读,更加「原汁原味」,同时也收录了一些珍贵的照片。

跟随本书的脉络,可以概览乔布斯的人生轨迹,也会发现一些细节,比如著名的斯坦福演讲,是如何一点点打磨出来的;他的歌单是怎样的;iMac 的这个 i 是什么意思。

乔布斯的执念,书名已经做了很好的概括,如果要做一点补充的话,还可以加一个 Deliver。乔布斯深信科技应该增强人类的创造力,美和细节都很重要,所以他要 build a foundation that would last beyond his lifetime,这个 foundation 可以源源不断地 put something (wonderful) back into the pool of human experience.

2010 年,他在给自己的信中写道:

I grow little of the food I eat, and of the little I do grow I did not breed or perfect the seeds.
我吃的食物很少是我种植的,而我种植的这一点点,也不是我培育或完善的。

I do not make any of my own clothing.
我的衣服不是自己做的。

I speak a language I did not invent or refine.
我说的语言不是我发明或改进的。

I did not discover the mathematics I use.
我使用的数学并非我自己发现的。

I am protected by freedoms and laws I did not conceive of or legislate, and do not enforce or adjudicate.
我的自由受到法律保护,而我并未参与其中(立法、执法)。

I am moved by music I did not create myself.
我被并非由自己创作的音乐所感动。

When I needed medical attention, I was helpless to help myself survive.
当我需要医疗救洽时,我无法独自完成。

I did not invent the transistor, the microprocessor, object oriented programming, or most of the technology I work with.
我没有发明晶体管、微处理器、面向对象编程或我使用的大部分技术。

I love and admire my species, living and dead, and am totally dependent on them for my life and well being.
我热爱和敬仰人类,无论活着的还是已经逝世的,我完全依赖他们来维持我的生命和福祉。

Sent from my iPad

在一次内部苹果的内部会议中(2007年),乔布斯是这么表达「回馈之心」的:

There's lots of ways to be, as a person. And some people express their deep appreciation in different ways. But one of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there.

作为一个人,可以有很多种不同的活法。人们用不同的方式表达他们内心的感激之情。我深信表达感激之情的一种方式是创造出美好的作品并分享给全世界。