Some Quotes

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one!

Bruce Lee

If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.

Reid Hoffman

Alicorn once told the story of how, when she was younger, she used to think she disliked life. Then she realized she just disliked being a kid, and that after that problem was solved life was pretty good.

In much the same way, I used to think I disliked social interaction. I have since realized – and it blew my mind – that I only disliked social interaction with people who aren’t awesome.

https://slatestarcodex.com/2013/05/24/going-from-california-with-an-aching-in-my-heart/

A system is something you do on a regular basis that increases your odds of happiness in the long run.

I don’t know anything, but I do know that everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough.

– Richarf Feynman

We thought of life by analogy with a journey, a pilgrimage, which had a serious purpose at the end, and the thing was to get to that end, success or whatever it is, maybe heaven after you’re dead. But we missed the point the whole way along. It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing or to dance while the music was being played.

– Alan Watts

In programming, as in many fields, the hard part isn’t solving problems, but deciding what problems to solve. Imagination is hard to measure, but in practice it dominates the kind of productivity that’s measured in lines of code.

无论是欣赏艺术,还是领悟科学,我们最终得到的将是美的享受和看待世界的全新角度。

people who were right a lot of the time were people who often changed their minds. He doesn’t think consistency of thought is a particularly positive trait. It’s perfectly healthy — encouraged, even — to have an idea tomorrow that contradicted your idea today.

Simplicity is complicated but the clarity is worth the fight.

Too often, we assume we are getting better simply because we are gaining experience. In reality, we are merely reinforcing our current habits — not improving them.

个体唯一能做的,就是保有自己的一份自由,就是这个世界怎么变,我自己有我自己的世界,这个你不能侵犯。

陈佩斯·事了拂衣去

根本没有正确的选择,我们只能通过奋斗让当初的选择显得正确。

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.

Leonardo da Vinci

做你恐惧的事,你会发现不过如此。

Find opportunities to introduce joy.

We encourage every startup to measure their progress by weekly growth rate. If you have 100 users, you need to get 10 more next week to grow 10% a week. And while 110 may not seem much better than 100, if you keep growing at 10% a week you’ll be surprised how big the numbers get. After a year you’ll have 14,000 users, and after 2 years you’ll have 2 million.

Do Things That Don’t Scale

One bit of advice: it is important to view knowledge as sort of a semantic tree – make sure you understand the fundamental principles, i.e. the trunk and big branches, before you get into the leaves/details or there is nothing for them to hang on to.

Elon Musk

我自己只有极少的勇气,比你少得多,但我发现,每当我在长久的挣扎之后鼓起勇气做某事时,总是在事后感到自由得多、快乐得多。

维特根斯坦传

“自己”这个东西是看不见的,撞上一些别的什么,反弹回来,才会了解“自己”。所以,跟很强的东西、可怕的东西、水准很高的东西相碰撞,然后才知道“自己”是什么,这才是自我。

山本耀司

How to be a 10x engineer: help ten other engineers be twice as good.

也许选择自己想做的事,未必能得到你一开始想要得到的结果。 但请永远珍惜能激发出你光和热的事物,因为他们才是你变优秀的源泉。

想要变得更强更优秀,有些时候,就是在于抛开你的害怕,放下你的完美主义,收敛你的精明,而只是简简单单地「去做」罢了

一个常常在进行着接近自己限度的斗争的人总是常常失败的,一个想探索自然奥秘的人也常常会失败,一个想改革社会的人更是常常失败。 只有那些安于自己限度之内的生活的人才总是“胜利”,这种“胜利者”之所以长胜不败,只是因为他的对手是早已降伏的,或者说,他根本没有投入斗争。

王小波 - 沉默的大多数

年轻的时候,如果不知道要做什么,又不想浪费时间的话,有两件事总是没错的。一,多赚钱,让物质更自由。二,多读书,让思想更自由。

When I was a child I ate a lot of food. Most of it is long gone and forgotten, but certainly some of it became my very bones and flesh. Think of reading as the same thing for the mind.

The most impressive people I know spent their time head down getting shit done for a long long time

– Sam Altman

when you don’t create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. your tastes only narrow & exclude people. so create.

computer programming is an art, because it applies accumulated knowledge to the world, because it requires skill and ingenuity, and especially because it produces objects of beauty. A programmer who subconsciously views himself as an artist will enjoy what he does and will do it better.

– Donald Knuth

只有一条真理决定了一个软件程序员的成功还是失败。由于坚持这个真理,一个资深的程序员能在一天的时间里学会一门新的编程语言,而由于不坚持这条真理,一个初级的程序员用十年时间也只能挣到一份糊口的钱、永远是来实现别人的设计、永远不够优秀而得不到晋升的机会。这条真理让你看清了差的程序员和好的程序员的不同之处,好的程序员和伟大的程序员的不同之处,伟大的程序员和能通过自己的技术创造出一个亿万美元价值的程序帝国的超级程序员的不同之处。

不是什么复杂的道理,不是什么难懂的理论。不是具有什么天赋或“编程超能力“才能做到的事情。最终成为的是一个优秀的程序员还是一个很烂的程序员,这跟你的出身一点关系都没有。 而真正的原因只有一个,唯一的一个:

对所做的事情的理解越深,你就会做的越好。

超级程序员跟那些平庸的、一般的程序员比起来,对自己要做的事情的理解要深的多的多。这就是原因。

The Singular Secret of the Rockstar Programmer

培养幽默感,以建立更强大的隐喻。

两个想法相距越远,越难以通过有效的隐喻联系起来。但我们遇到一个格外具有创造性的隐喻,且两参照系距离适中,我们就不得不几百年来一直歌颂这位作者。

增加感官体验,以促进大脑的使用。

直觉和模式匹配能力超越了显性知识。

你的价值取决于你为团队带来的价值。

大脑不是软件,软件不会老化,不会退化。但是大脑必须刷新,必须使用,否则就会丢失记忆。

R 型在存储输入方面非常卖力,事实上可能你的每次经历,无论多么平淡乏味,都会被存储。但是它不一定被索引。当你努力解决一个问题时,R 型进程会搜索你的所有记忆以寻找解决方案。

L 型处理语言、分析、符号、抽象、时间、推理、数字、逻辑、现象思维。

R 型处理直觉、综合、想象。

积极的情感对学习和创造性思维非常关键。当你充满了消极情绪时,你的大脑就开始停止提供多余的资源。

美学可以改变这些,不论是用户界面、代码和注释的布局,还是变量名的选择或桌面的整理。

当你努力解决一个问题时,你的所有记忆都会被扫描——甚至那些你无法主动唤醒的记忆。

养成一种收集思维鹅卵石的习惯,一旦有了积累,造墙的过程就会很容易。

你是否注意到伟大的想法或者领悟可能会在最出乎意料的时候降临?比如洗澡、刷盘子或其他一些枯燥、琐碎的工作时。这是因为 L 型有点厌倦了这种常规任务,走了神,这才让 R 型得以自由地展示自己地发现。

改变解决问题的角度(角色扮演)。

培养快速的洞察力,寻找不相关事物之间的关系或类比。

大脑不是一个用于填充的容器,而是一束需要点燃的火焰。这不是别人可以帮你做的,而是一件你必须自己做的事情。

建立 SMART 任务实现你的目标。

所有的知识投资都有价值。即使你从来不会在工作中使用某项技术,它也会影响你思考和解决问题的方式。

考虑投资的回报率。

当你种菜时,如果菜长的不好,你不会怪责菜,你会寻找其他理由。菜可能需要更多的肥料或者水,或者少晒太阳,你决不会怪责菜。

SQ3R 主动学习法(Survy, Question, Read, Recite, Review)。

使用思维导图做笔记。

以教代学(橡皮鸭调试法),向你所在领域之外的人解释。

把事物分成大脑足以容纳的几部分。

L 型模式的 CPU 有一种「空闲循环」程序,如果没有更紧迫的事情值得你去注意,闲置程序将会停留在一些低等级的困扰或紧急的问题上,而这会干扰 R 型的处理。

大部分冥想、瑜伽以及类似的练习都是为了这个相同的目标:缓和大脑里 L 型嘈杂的声音所带来的痛苦,生活在此刻,不要将你的精力不必要的分散,因为内心中喋喋不休的事情会击倒我们。

使用 wiki 来管理信息和知识。

「不作为」是敌人,「错误」不是。

给新习惯适应的时间。

制定一段时间计划,然后努力实现。跟踪你的进度,当你感觉做得不够时,重新审视你的成果。

信念是真实的,你必须相信这种改变是可能的。

采取步步为营的细小步骤。

新手的大脑有很多可能性,但是专家的却很少。

抓住方向盘,不要自动驾驶。

– 程序员思维修炼

Do things with impact. Work with great people. Be ambitious. Don’t get lost in bureaucracy. Don’t waste time. Travel a lot.

– dustin curtis

Surround yourself with people who inspire you is as important as being talented or working hard

– Drew Houston

我所做的每一件事都有赖于我们人类的其他成员,以及他们的贡献和成就。我们很多人都想回馈社会,在历史的长河中再添一笔。我们只能用这种大多数人都掌握的方式去表达——因为我们不会写鲍勃・迪伦的歌或汤姆・斯托帕德的戏剧。我们试图用我们仅有的天分去表达我们深层的感受,去表达我们对前人所有贡献的感激,去为历史长河加上一点儿什么。那就是推动我的力量。

– 乔布斯传

Writing is nature’s way of letting you know how sloppy your thinking is.

In life, the best way to learn a skill, is to make a lot of pots.

What’s the best way to learn something

1. Choose the concept you want to understand.
  2. Pretend you’re teaching the idea to someone else.
  3. if you get stuck, go back to the book.
  4. Simplify your language.

How to learn fast (Feynman technique)

your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.

大多数人误以为领袖就是那些「有很多追随者的人」,但真实世界的领袖根本不是那样,他们是一群坚持走自己的路,根本不理会後面有没有人跟随,甚至连头都懒得回的人。

在一个广场上,人挤人,你不知道方向在哪里,但如果你站得高一点,看得远一点,就知道周遭的种种拥挤对你来说其实毫无意义。

一个人生命中最大的幸运,莫过于在他的人生中途,即在他年富力强的时候发现了自己的使命。

– 斯蒂芬.茨威格